Thursday, December 4, 2008

Magneto Is Coming Soon

Rope of Silicon reported an interview with Lauren Schuler Donner, who has produced such films as "Free Willy," "X-Men," "X-Men 2,""Constantine" and "X-Men: The Last Stand."

The interview was hosted by IndieLondon and focused on two of her upcoming movies, "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" and "X-Men Origins: Magneto."

Wolverine hits theaters next May and Donner says, “It’s good… it’s very good. I’m very pleased with it. It’s very much an origins story. It’s very much in the tone of the first X-Men.”

Donner has a lot of films under her producer helm, but she says she really wants to get started on Magneto soon. “We have a great script on Magneto. I’ll tell you the honest truth… I’ve made four movie this year and I was so busy that I didn’t at all talk to the studio while making Magneto because I couldn’t have done it. And David Goyer, who wrote and is going to direct it, also did another movie. So now, he’s done with his and I’m done with two of mine, so when I get back that’s my first order of business to say: ‘Come on, let’s go and make Magneto.’”

According to Rope of Silicon, "The upcoming Goyer film she mentions is the January 9 release The Unborn... For Goyer a film the size of Magneto would be a big boost as he has for so long been behind the writing of so many superhero films including The Dark Knight, Batman Begins and the Blade franchise that the Magneto film would be a great opportunity to re-introduce himself as a superhero director to the fans that disliked Blade: Trinity."

Can't wait to hear more news on Magneto! Catch ya' later!

No comments: