Thursday, December 11, 2008

Liev Schreiber a.k.a. Sabretooth


Liev Schreiber will be playing Sabretooth in the upcoming, highly anticipated film "X-Men Origins: Wolverine." There will be plenty of action and battles, but Schreiber thought it was hard to do fight scenes since he couldn't dance.

“To do fight scenes with Hugh [Jackman] was really terrific, because as a dancer, he has that kind of discipline and choreography,” said Schreiber in an exclusive interview which ran on SuperheroHype.com. “And I always studied to be a fight choreographer, and always wanted to be a dancer too, but didn’t quite have the feet for it. But we had some remarkable fight scenes together, and I’m looking forward to people seeing those.”

Schreiber is new to the world of comic and action movies (I remember him from "Scream 2" and "3" and also the remake of "The Manchurian Candidate"), he has always been a comic book fan.

“I was a fan of the comic books,” said Schreiber. “I just loved the character of Wolverine. I always have. That sort of deeply ironic and very urban sensibility in a superhero was something that I thought was really groundbreaking. And the style of writing was… particularly the very sort of editorial style. I just always loved it. And I think that we were able to capture some of that darkness in this movie, so I’m very proud of it.”

Being so green to the world of comic movies, was there anything now-veteran superhero flick actor Hugh Jackman could offer in terms of advice?

“Lift weights,” laughed Schreiber. “I did. I lifted weights, and I ate an army of chickens.”

Check out the rest of the interview at Superhero Hype!

How excited are you for "Wolverine?" Do you think Schreiber will be a good Sabretooth?
More news to come! Catch ya' later!

No comments: