Sunday, December 14, 2008

Hugh Jackman Interview

totalfilm.com had the chance to interview to Hugh Jackman and talk about his role in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," about other characters from the film and the possible future of Wolvie.

On Gambit.

"Gambit is in the film. When we showed footage at Comic-Con the place just went mental. He’s played by Taylor Kitsch who does a great, great job. He’s a little more showy than Wolverine, but there’s a similarity. They’re outsiders, they’re wise-cracking, they’re anti-authority.

In this movie Gambit plays the role a little bit like Wolverine did in the first X-Men. He’s not part of any group, he’s not on anybody’s side. Wolverine gets him because he needs the information off him, but Gambit’s not going to give it – not without a fight. And they get a fight, the two of them get a fight. I’m really, really happy with the dynamic between the two."

On Deadpool.

"I have to be very careful how I talk about Deadpool, because it’s something I’m really excited about in the movie, where it plays and how it plays. I just can’t think right now how I can tell you about it without giving away some really cool ideas!

The things I’m thinking about now I don’t want to tell you because the fans will go 'Awwww, that’s cool'… Actually some fans might be pissed off but that’s ok. I think they’ll understand why we did it. We took some creative licenses with him."

On the future of the franchise.

"When I was doing X-Men I was obsessed with reading the Japanese story. It gave me a lot of great inspiration for the character and I’ve forever been banging onto people about that. It’s the coolest – and can you imagine visually? I can see the comedy of him training with the Samurai. I can just see it working

So right now we’ve got to set up a character, the origin. So everyone at the end of that movie has to go, 'Yes! Wolverine!' And it’s actually answered a couple of questions I’ve never had answered before in the comics and you go, 'I get him. Now where can we take him?'”

Go to totalfilm.com to read the rest about the characters and the future plus news about the newest trailer and about how Wolverine has become an iconic character.

No comments: