Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Dragon Ball


MTV News had a chance to interview actress Jamie Chung about her role in the upcoming film "Dragon Ball" (or "Dragon Ball Evolution") and to talk about reshoots.

“I think it’s just one scene that they’re gonna have to reshoot and it’s the end fight,” Chung said of what they were re-tooling. “I fortunately will not have to go back. I think it’s the big fight between Justin Chatwin and James Marsters.”

The final fight between Chatwin and Marsters will deal with the epic battle between Son Goku and the evil Lord Piccolo. An interesting part about "Dragon Ball" is how the names are a part of the comedy of the series, since names like Goku (I think it is noodles) and Vegeta (I think vegetables) are foods, but in America we don't get that.

“Like, ok, Chi Chi. I heard rumors [that] each character is named based off a fruit. So I was being interviewed by this guy from Japan, and I was like, ‘Is it true? Is Chi Chi a name for a Japanese fruit?’ He was like, ‘No…it’s kinda like an international saying for…’ ‘Oh right, boobs!’” Chung laughed of the unintentional comedy of her character’s name. “There’s no way around it! We shot it in Mexico so my trailer said Chi Chi. It’s a name I can’t seem to shake.”

I thought it stood for a childish way of saying mother...
Anyway, "Dragon Ball" (or whatever they are calling it now) is coming out April 8, 2008. Possible sequels are on the way with the entire main cast from this film!

“We’re signed on for two more,” Chung said. “Hopefully, I hope the movie does well. There’s lots of places that Fox wants to go with this.”

More news to come! Catch ya' later!

No comments: