Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Incredible Hulk 2


Around a month ago I reported about Gale Ann Hurd (producer of "The Incredible Hulk") stating how she wanted there to be a sequel and how she would go about that.

From that post Hurd said she wanted Tim Blake Nelson, who played Samuel Sterns in the film, to return and become the Leader, as was hinted at in "The Incredible Hulk" when Bruce Banner's blood dripped onto Stern's head and it began to mutate.

Tim Blake Nelson, not only an actor but also a filmmaker, spoke to MTV news, who also is the group that had the interview with Gale Ann Hurd.

“I know Gale Ann was talking to you guys about that recently, and I liked hearing it," Nelson said to MTV News about him being in the sequel.

According to MTV News, "These days, the talented writer/director/actor is in a dark editing bay assembling 'Leaves of Grass,' a quirky 2009 drama that features Edward Norton in a dual performance. Nelson told us that during the shooting of 'Leaves,' he and Norton sometimes spoke about their recent blockbuster experience, but he still can’t say with confidence that Norton will return following his rumored falling-out with Marvel Studios."

“I feel Edward and I are well-suited for one another. It’s really fun collaborating with him, and he made these characters [in ‘Hulk’ and ‘Leaves’] better,” explained Nelson, revealing that although he’d prefer not to, he would return even if Norton is removed from the series.

“Well, I’m signed on to do ‘Hulk 2’ and ‘3’ whether Edward’s there or not, so it’s not even up to me,” he explained. “When I agreed to do ‘Hulk,’ I signed off for two sequels, so it’s a moot question. I certainly hope Edward is on the sequel — but that’s up to Marvel and Edward.”

Nelson says that when it time comes for him to return for a Hulk sequel, he will be ready to turn green and show off his big brain. “Oh, I already did [research into The Leader] when I was doing [Dr. Samuel] Sterns, because I felt that it would be helpful to lay in stuff as Sterns for what The Leader would be,” he explained of the super-intelligent baddie with a desire to take over the world. “So, that was all part of doing Sterns.”

More news to come on a Hulk sequel! Catch ya' later!

No comments: