Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I Am Legend II, a Sequel or Prequel?

Yes, I did make a play on words with this title being similar to the story below.

I mentioned way back around two months ago about a possible "I Am Legend" prequel, which would show how the world came to be all dead n' empty n' crazy.

According to Ain't It Cool News, the possible prequel might be a possible sequel. How this happens, I don;'t know since (SPOILER) Will Smith's character dies at the end of the film.

"Let's start at the beginning. Smith is actually the one who developed the initial story. It took place several years before the original film and there were still pockets of survivors and the story centered around Smith interacting, bonding, and ultimately failing to save them. For months this was the story. Warner's didn't much care for it and Smith and Weiss eventually came on board and all parties agreed to change things up. Well this change is pretty insane, the film is no longer a prequel, it's a f***ing sequel!"

Weiss refers to D.B. Weiss who is reportedly writing the script for the next installment.

Screen Rant explained how a sequel might work is the story takes place after the alternate ending on the DVD of "I Am Legend."

"Interestingly enough, the alternate ending of 'I Am Legend' (which was far better in my opinion) that came along on the DVD has Neville living while paying tribute to earlier scenes and plot points of the film. Had that been the theatrically released ending, this quote from the source would make more sense."

What will become of the next "I Am Legend" film?
More news to come! Catch ya' later!

No comments: