Thursday, November 6, 2008

Downey Jr. Talks Iron Man

Robert Downey Jr. spoke out about the switch from Terrence Howard to Don Cheadle in the upcoming film Iron Man 2.

"I had nothing to do with that decision. I love Terrence very very much. That’s all I’ll say because I haven’t talked to him yet," the actor said on Filmstalker.com.

"I’ve always admired Don [Cheadle]. It’s one of those situations where I still don’t quite know what happened or why. Here’s what happens too: things happen and you wind up commenting on them before you’ve actually talked to the people and it’s in poor taste," Downey Jr. said.

"I think the important thing with the ‘Iron Man’ franchise is to not do too much too soon and to make sure we don’t piss off the public that put us in the position we’re in. We’ve just got to keep rolling up our sleeves higher and further up the elbow. If we show up and we’re in the right head space and our heart’s in the right spot and we really think about the audience at every turn and we don’t try to stamp our hipness onto anything."

We will have to wait and see for Iron Man 2 how well the switch is made, but it is sure to be a great film anyway.
More news to come! Catch ya' later!

No comments: