Sunday, August 9, 2009

'Twilight': Even Robert Pattinson is Sick of the Obsession

Last year, around when "Twilight" came out, I gave multiple warnings of "Twilight" obsession. From the girl trampled in the mall to both Robert Pattinson and Kristin Stewart (Edward and Bella) thinking the fans are creepy.

But the weird obsession still persists and again I must address it.

Girls under the age of 10 should probably not be readings the lengthy novels as they are probably inaporpriate. Also, wearing sparkly shirts with Pattinson on the front is also plain weird for girls that age. Yet that is only the beginning.

The older women who swoon over Pattinson are even more disturbing and even the actor finds this a problem.

Pattinson told OK! Magazine he feels the character isn't as nice as his fans think: "It's weird, but girls always seem like that. Being a guy, you always just look at girls and think: 'Why are you with that guy?'

"With virtually anyone the nice guys always seem to come last. You always get weirdos like Edward who seem to attract women for some reason.

"If Edward wasn't a fictional character and you met him in reality he is like one of those guys who would probably be an axe murderer or something."

Pattinson added that he was amazed by his obsessive fans: "I had no idea people could get so obsessed. But it's not scary - it's amazing.

"People just project their idea of my character on to me and they just seem to assume that I'm the same, when in reality I'm not.

"A mother recently gave me her baby and asked me, 'Can you please bite her head?'

"People ambush me and try to figure out what hotel I'm staying at, as well as wanting to touch my hair. Everyone just screams and screams. It still feels surreal."

And there you have it. My girlfriend thought the film was decent, wants to see the sequel and thinks Pattinson is hot. But she is not obsessed about him being a vampire or anything. And that makes everything all right in my relationship.

Are you a "Twilight" fan? What are your thoughts on the "Twilight" obsession?
Source: The Geek Files

No comments: