Sunday, August 30, 2009

Kate Beckinsale Not Sure About 'Underworld 4'

I'm starting to get confused on all the "Underworld 4" news popping up in the past month. First it was that "Underworld 4" would be coming our way in 3-D, and later that it would launch a second trilogy. We also heard the good news that it would bring back the star of the franchise, Kate Beckinsale, into her death-dealing role of Selene, the leather-clad vampire gunslinger.

At a Beverly Hills press conference for her upcoming thriller, "Whiteout," Beckinsale was asked about her involvement in the next "Underworld" installment and she said that she had not signed on for another movie yet.

“I don’t know anything about a '4th Underworld.' I don’t know anything about that at this point.”

Kate was then asked to clarify if she knew anything about "Underworld 4."

“I know they have…it was always conceived as a trilogy, which I was never going to be in the third one. I think if they came up with an amazing script I wouldn’t be adverse to it. But it’s not planned or anything.”

So she admits to knowing about it and would do it if the script’s good. What about a trilogy of new films?

“God, three whole more!”

“I don’t think my daughter needs to see my bottom in rubber for another ten years. But I don’t know, I’ve heard they’re talking about a 4th one, but I don’t know if that’s officially happening or it’s that a rumor. As far as I’m concerned it’s just a rumor.”

I still expect her to return to the role. She’s completed filming "Everybody’s Fine" with Robert De Niro and only has one other project ("April 23") listed in development. The franchise needs to bring back the star and she doesn’t have much else on her plate.

Fans want to see her back, the studio would like her back, the film will make an easy profit and it will giver her some more stardom - Wins all around.

As we said earlier, there’s no official confirmation either way on this yet, but "Underworld 4" does have an official release date of January 21, 2011.

Check out Kate Beckinsale in "Whiteout," opening September 11, 2009.
The trailer for it is below and the only good part of it is when Beckinsale is in the shower (oh, now you really want to watch it, don't you?).


More news to come! Catch ya' later!
Source: Screen Rant

No comments: