Saturday, March 28, 2009

'The Thing' Prequel Being Rewritten


The prequel script written by Ronald D. Moore that was to take place prior to the events of the original "The Thing" was to be from the point of view of the Norweiginas and their encounter with the creature from outer space.

According to Bloody Disgusting, "We learned that Universal Pictures and Strike Entertainment have tapped Eric Heisserer to rewrite 'The Thing' prequel that was originally scripted by Ronald D. Moore. It was announced here yesterday that Heisserer also did some cleanup work on Wesley Strick's screenplay for 'A Nightmare on Elm Street.'"

So does this guy make rewrites for a profession?

Eric Heisserer responded to the news on his own official blog.

"They were quite fast on the draw, those folks at Bloody. Yes, Matthijs and I are hard at work with the very smart team at Strike on the prequel. We are all so much in love with Carpenter’s film, so protective of it, we’re doing all we can to avoid stepping on its toes. I jumped at this job because I hold the Carpenter adaptation to very high standards, and I knew it would be a challenge to create a comparable companion piece. Sort of a “Nobody better screw this up, especially me” mentality. Lucky for me, the people at Strike and the director have the same standards.

This is a 'from scratch' rewrite assignment for the most part, as was my work on A Nightmare on Elm Street. I can’t say any more on that. I have the highest respect for both Ron Moore and Wesley Strick."

No news on how much of a rewrite this will be. It is "from scratch" so it can be anything new or different.

More news to come! Catch ya' later!

No comments: