Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Iron Man 2 Casting News


According to Nikki Finke's Deadline Hollywood Daily, "I just heard that ICM has scored its second casting deal for Marvel's 'Iron Man 2.' After at first being low-balled by the studio to the tune of $250K, Rourke has signed on for the role of the Russian villain in the sequel after his agent David Unger got the quote up to a 'significant' level despite this punishing economic climate where the studios are taking advantage of talent. But don't expect Marvel to confirm any of this: they won't until all the i's are dotted and t's crossed on the contracts. Rourke happens to be in Russia this week promoting Fox Searchlight's 'The Wrestler', and I hear he'll start researching his new role immediately there."

The other casting deal from ICM was having Sam Jackson sign with Marvel to make several more films with them as his role of Nick Fury.



Also according to Finke, "Now I'm told that Emily Blunt won't be in the sequel and Black Widow will now be played by Scarlett Johannson. But I hear that, unlike Mickey's money, the deal for her is 'just the opposite, a terrible deal made by CAA,' one of my insiders says. 'It's as bad as any deal that I've heard. It's lowball money. And it ties her to countless movies, including that ensemble 'The Avengers,' which is what makes this brutal for a lot of actors.' As for Blunt, I'm told she fell out not by choice but only because Fox exercised an option that the studio had from 'The Devil Wears Prada' to make her do the upcoming film starring Jack Black, 'Gullivers Travels.'"

I would have liked Blunt more only because I believe Johannson has less to offer. Good looks yes, but acting as a sultry Russian assassin, no.
More news to come! Catch ya' later!

No comments: