Monday, March 9, 2009

Cage Talks Ghost Rider 2


Nicolas Cage, who’s slated to reprise his 2007 “Ghost Rider” role as Johnny Blaze, told MTV News that a writer is currently being sought for the follow-up.

"The sequel, which could see the demonic biker battling evil in Europe alongside the Catholic Church is still in its infancy, meaning a director is also needed before flaming tires hit the pavement again. Though Mark Steven Johnson, co-writer and director of 'Daredevil' and the first 'Ghost Rider' film, seems like a reasonable candidate for either role with the sequel, Cage said nothing’s been decided so far.

'Everyone is very busy. I know Mark has his own thing going on,' Cage told MTV, 'It’s up to the studio. It’s really in their hands.'

When asked which elements the sequel should include, Cage spoke tentatively given the early stage of 'Ghost Rider 2' development. He did, however, point out the importance of some signature Ghost Rider themes.

'It has to have that action horror element and go deeper into that if it were to happen and [it should] keep us asking questions. Keep it interesting on a philosophical level,' said Cage."

I didn't like the first "Ghost Rider" film at all. That is all I have to say about that film. Felt disgusted after leaving the theater. I love "Ghost Rider." I think he is pretty BA, but that film was terrible. I have low hopes for a sequel if the same people are working on it.
More news to come! Catch ya' later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just don't like Nic Cage. Factor in that I couldn't get past the first 10 minutes of Ghost Rider (even with Wes Bentley in it), and I think it's safe to say I will not watch this movie.

At least my mom just rented the DVD, and I didn't actually see it in theaters -- otherwise I would've had to walk out.

Head Hero said...

I saw it in theaters and forced myself to stay.
I watched it a second time on TV just to see if I missed something good.
I didn't.