Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Movie News Mash 18

ALIEN PREQUEL
The Playlist is reporting secondhand news from their Entertainment Weekly which discusses the recently talked about "Alien" prequel feature Ridley and Tony Scott are setting up with Carl Rinsch directing. However it appears Fox isn’t interested in Rinsch and they want Ridley back at the helm. Rinsch also is apparently involved romantically with Ridley’s daughter Jordan (just added gossip for fun).

SCREAM 4

The new "Scream" trilogy is still being talked about with Digital Spy catching up with director Wes Craven. The original "Scream" helmer tells the site, “Bob Weinstein (The Weinstein Company co-chairman) has talked to me, he’s interested in me directing it. I had a brief conversation with Kevin [Williamson], I know that Kevin is writing. What I’ve said to Bob is I’m not closed to it, I’m not open to it, I’ll be perfectly happy to read a script and tell him what I think. That’s where it’s at and I’m not expecting a script until August. I don’t know what the premise is or anything.”

PREDATORS

The rumor of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s character from the original "Predator" would be featured in some way in "Predators" has been squashed by Robert Rodrgiuez. He told AICN, “We’re still writing a new script, and although I know Arnold personally and he’s the coolest person on the planet, I have not contacted him about this at all at this time.”

PUSS IN BOOTS
In speaking with Movehole, writer David H. Steinberg confirmed that the "Puss in Boots" spin-off movie will feature all new characters, with no sign of Shrek, Fiona, Donkey or any of the other recurring characters from the "Shrek" series:

“[It will feature] all new characters - except Puss… ‘It doesn’t overlap with Shrek at all. Partly that was done to tell an original Puss story, but partly because we didn’t know what Shrek 4 (and now Shrek 5) were going to do with the characters and we couldn’t write conflicting storylines.”

GHOST BUSTERS III
ComingSoon.net spoke on the phone with filmmaker Harold Ramis about the upcoming "Ghostbusters III." According to Ramis, the story is being written but no one from the previous cast has officially signed on to be in the film.

"I wrote the story for the new movie with them, and Dan and I've been consulting. We're just waiting to see a first draft and where we are," Ramis said, although he's very optimistic it will happen with Bill Murray and Ernie Hudson returning as well. "Everyone says they'll do it, they've all said they'll do it. No one has signed anything yet--we haven't signed anything either--but there's the spirit of willingness in the air."

More news to come! Catch ya' later!
Other Sources: Rope of Silicon, Screen Rant

No comments: