Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Jonny Depp And All His Disney Movies

During the press conferences for upcoming crime drama "Public Enemies," Johnny Depp has also been asked about his other film projects including "Pirates of the Caribbean 4," "Alice in Wonderland" and "The Lone Ranger."

In "Alice in Wonderland," he plays The Mad Hatter; in "The Lone Ranger" he is set to play Tonto; and in "Pirates of the Caribbean 4," he will of course reprise his role as Captain Jack Sparrow.

So what did Depp say about all these?

According to Latino Review, here's what the actor had to say on each of those projects.

On Pirates of the Caribbean 4:
"Call me a glutton. Honestly, if we can get the screenplay right to Pirates 4, because obviously virtually no cinema is perfect. Pirates 1 had its own thing, Pirates 2 and 3 had their own thing and you know it got a little confusing here and there in the story. Not that I've seen the movies, but I hear tales.

"I think for me, because I love the character so much, and I enjoy playing the character so much and people seem to like him, that if there's an opportunity to try again, it's like going up to bat. You wanna get back out there and try and try and I enjoy playing the character of Jack very much.

On The Lone Ranger:
"I think we're still in the sort of super beginning stages so there's all kinds of possibilities, but I feel like I have some good ideas for the character that I don't think have been done all that much before."

And on playing The Mad Hatter:
"Well, the Hatter was awfully fun, you know? After doing something like John Dillinger [in Public Enemies], it evolves where it's so overstrained because of the responsibility you have to that guy, that the Mad Hatter was like being fired out of a cannon.

"The Hatter was great fun, and it's one of things where you're just amazed you weren't fired, you know? All I've seen is bits and pieces but what I imagined it to look like is is how I feel I thought he should look, which is the first reason I was surprised I didn't get fired."

"Public Enemies" comes out July 1 and "Alice in Wonderland" March 5 next year.
More news to come! Catch ya' later!
Source: The Geek Files

3 comments:

Trehern said...

I usually hate those big celebs that make alot of $$$, but I really do enjoy Depp and his persona in life. He just sounds downright cool, y'know?

Alan further said...

Oh, I have a great idea for a banner for your blog. If you'd like one, I can cook one up...

It would make your blog 6,000%, and I've done banners for my blog and both of Ben's.

Head Hero said...

Depp does make the big bucks, but he has such a vast array of different films and different characters that you can't help but like the guy.

He is good at what he does.

You would make me a banner? I would be honored to have one!
Thank-you so much!