Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Wade Wilson aka Deadpool


According to News 24, "Ryan Reynolds likes 'brutal, rugged and ugly' violence.

The 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' actor - who plays assassin Deadpool in the forthcoming superhero movie - only agreed to star in the film because it is so bloody.

He said: 'You're not going to see Kill Bill-style blood geysering up from severed heads! But I think you're going to see a kind of violence that's a little more brutal, rugged and ugly. Which is one of the things I liked about it.'

Ryan did all his own stunts in the movie, meaning he had to master the art of sword-fighting before shooting began and hopes audiences will be impressed with his new skills.

He explained: 'I trained for months to master the sword work, so he's obviously a master swordsman but he's also an accomplished fighter. There's martial arts, weaponry, everything. He's a guy you don't want to mess with.

'This character is like a surgeon. I've got to be so good with these swords that I put people's jaws on the floor.'"

The 32-year-old actor (who is married to Scarlett Johansson, who will also be joining the ranks of Marvel in "Iron Man 2") has been in involved with Marvel before. He played vampire-hunter Hannibal King in "Blade: Trinity," the third movie in the Blade series based on Marvel's fantasy horror comics.

Will Deadpool be awesome in the movie?
More news to come! Catch ya' later!

2 comments:

bandito said...

I just keep getting more and more excited to see this movie...

Head Hero said...

I kind of had my questions answered on the Deadpool problem in my mind now. So I just have to see it and go along with it.
Either the adaptation of Deadpool works or it doesn't. I am just questioning why.
But I'm sure I will like the film as a whole.