Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Terminator News


According to Screen Rant, "A few months back, Screen Rant reported that Robert Patrick (the liquid metal T-1000 from 'Terminator 2') was being eyed by 'Terminator Salvation' director McG for a possible role in the sequel to 'Salvation,' which has already been green-lit.

Well now Robert Patrick has responded to the rumors, saying that he is ready and willing to jump back into the Terminator universe."

“I like the idea in a prospective next picture that you meet Robert Patrick the way he looks today," said "Salvation director McG on how he imagines a much older Patrick to fit into the franchise, "and he’s a scientist that’s working on improving cell replication so we can stay healthier and we can cure juvenile diabetes and all these things that once again sound like good ideas — and once again live as an idealized expression of ourselves. So imagine seeing a sixty-year-old Robert Patrick and knowing, ‘Holy shit! That’s gonna be the T-1000 – who comes back perfect, lean and the whole thing.’ I haven’t concluded that, but Robert and I had dinner the other night and talked about it…”

After Patrick spoke with McG, he spoke about his own concerns dealing with his possible return to the franchise and his love of his character.

“Yeah, he talked to me about it,” said Patrick. “I’m interested. I was listening to him tell me about it. I had no idea that he thought about that. I love McG. He’s a great guy. I’ve worked with him before, had a great experience working with him both times… And I certainly can’t think of anybody to tackle T4 other than him right now. I think he’s got the energy for it and the passion for it. I know he’s a fan of the movies. I think he’ll do a fantastic job. I’m interested to see what Christian Bale does with John Connor. I’m interested to see the whole setting for that…

“…so we’ll see what happens. The sci-fi genre, and specifically that character, is something I’m very proud of. It’s what broke me out big to the world. And it’s a character that I’ve lived with ever since, and I kind of carry it with me everywhere I go, for good or bad. So it’s obviously something that’s very dear to me and real special to me. That was a real special time. That franchise means a lot to me. All of those people were great people to work with. I love ‘em all – Jim Cameron and Arnold and Linda and Eddie. It was a real, real special time in my life.”



Patrick isn't the only one that may return to the franchise. Arnold Schwarzenegger has been rumored to make a cameo in the upcoming "Terminator Salvation" Co-star Terry Crews spoke to MTV News and revealed that Ah-nald is indeed in the film.

Various sources have speculated whether Arnold will have a line, or simply appear body-wise as a T-800 machine. Crews said that the May 21st film’s shoot was so secretive, he has no idea.

“I don’t know; I haven’t seen it. They only gave out pages of the script,” Crews remembered. “It was crazy. It was very, very secretive. Believe me - when you see it, that will be the first time I saw it.”

That is a lot of cool stuff for "Terminator" fans.
More news to come! Catch ya' later!

No comments: