Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bale on Batman 3


Total Film had the chance to talk with one of the most currently in demand actors right now in Hollywood, Christian Bale.

He spoke about Heather Ledger winning an Oscar, "Dark Knight" snubs from the Academy and coming back for a third film in the franchise.

“Heath winning Best Supporting Actor was fantastic. I had dinner with his family a couple of nights before the awards and liked very much they were the people who were picking it up for him. Of course I was really delighted that it did go that way.

“I’m not surprised by 'The Dark Knight' not getting more Oscars though. I’m not really surprised by anything to do with awards. Hey listen, awards or not it’s a wonderful movie. Chris Nolan did such a fantastic job of it and you look back at the history of the Oscars – some of the best movies never got shit.

"Will we do a third movie? It's got to be the right story. You can't make something like The Dark Knight and then come out with something disappointing.

"I would like it if people say, 'You'll never make a good third movie.' I say, 'OK, let's make a third movie in that case, let's prove them wrong. But that's just me. The fact is, I have to! I've signed up! Chris doesn't. So I'm in a bit of a fix if he says he doesn't want to!"

Whether Nolan decides to return to the “Batman” property remains up in the air, but one thing’s for certain — it won’t be the director’s next movie. Nolan is hard at work putting the Leonardo DiCaprio-starring “Inception” together for a summer shooting date. But with veteran Gotham City residents Cillian Murphy and Michael Caine aboard the cast of Nolan’s new film, it’s hopefully just a matter of time before the director starts going batty all over again.

More news to come! Catch ya' later!

Source: MTV News

No comments: