Tuesday, April 28, 2009

An Alien Reboot Now?

IESB attended the "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" world premiere in Tempe, Arizona and had the chance to talk with Fox Co-chairman Tom Rothman and ask a few questions about some upcoming projects including an "Alien" prequel with possible original director Ridley Scott returning.

"Rothman said of the possible 'Aliens' film, 'There's been some talk. Ridley Scott is right now working on 'Robin Hood,' but I think he's toying with the idea and that would be great for us. I mean, it's always been a matter of, really, if you can get the originator to do it that would be the greatest thing, so I've got my fingers crossed, all of them.'"

If Scott wants to return to the franchise that would be great because the "Alien" mythology still has many questions left unanswered. I would like to learn more about the creatures. But I really also want to see more of the Marine action from "Aliens," which is one of the few times when the sequel is practically better than the original.

"Alien" is great but "Aliens" is just a really awesome movie that doesn't have such a slow opening as the first film does. I haven't seen the rest of the films in the franchise besides these two, but someday I will see more. Especially if they continue the franchise.

More news to come! Catch ya' later!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG! Why can't they just leave these films alone?! Alien has to be one of the top 10 films ever made and you can see it now, the Alien will be CGI and look pants. Obviously the production team haven't seen Alien 4.

Head Hero said...

I feel like we are living in the age of the reboot. So many classics are just getting remade without any good reason.

I love the Alien franchise (though I have only seen 1 & 2 because I haven't heard anything good about the others).
God...a CGI Alien? Didn't they also do that for a few scenes in AVP?