Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Dragonball 2: Do We Need It?


"Dragonball Evolution" is already receiving terrible reviews and many fans of the anime and manga are showing a hatred unlike anything seen before. I have not seen the movie yet, but from the clips I have seen I just do not like how the character Goku has been Americanized from an orphan in the woods to a high school kid being picked on by bullies.

But Justin Chatwin, who plays Goku in the movie, and James Marsters, who plays the Evil King Piccolo, hope that a sequel will be made to the film that will follow the "Dragonball Z" (the more popular series) than "Dragonball."

Marsters said: "I hope [the movie does well] because my character only really gets interesting in the second film, I mean, he's interesting now but his journey is really developed in the script for the second movie.

Speaking to IGN, Marsters said: "I've been signed to three movies, but I would like to make seven of them.

"You could just pretty much paint by numbers using the wealth of source material to easily get the seven films. There's that much there."

Chatwin said: "There's a whole generation of kids waiting to be introduced to Dragonball, so this first movie is really important for that.

"I mean the main plot is the battle between Piccolo and Goku, but this first film still serves to introduce the characters and where they're from and what their deals are. And so to cover that ground really takes up most of the first movie."

He continued: "I know what they have in store for the second one and it's really cool! It's more in the vein of the Dragonball saga... it goes into other places, there's other characters, other fighters and there's a lot of action that is just really awesome.

"It actually goes more into Dragon Ball Z land and it's just really exciting. It goes into the whole legend of Dragonball. I cant really say more than that, but it made me think this is a cool franchise to be a part off because there's so much we haven't shown yet."

The film has already opened in Asia and will be released in the US on April 10.
More news to come! Catch ya' later!

No comments: