Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Conan the Unknown


Brett Ratner is busy a lot right now with "Beverly Hills Cop 4" and "God of War," but he still has time to talk to MTV News about another film he is planning on working on, "Conan."

“I believe it should be an unknown,” Ratner said to MTV News about who should play the barbarian. “Conan is kind of iconic. It’s kind of like when you do Superman.”

“Growing up, my favorite comic book was ‘Conan,’” added Ratner. “[It] was the first comic book I ever read.”

That means whoever ends up playing Conan will be taking the place of Arnold Schwarzenegger, who fans of the original series believe to be the only Conan. Maybe it is time for someone else to take up the mantle of the great destroyer.

“Look, it’s difficult to fill those shoes,” insisted Ratner, “But they came up with a new Batman, they came up with a new James Bond, you know?”

I have never seen the original Conan films (I know I have to, but it isn't like they were movies my parents wanted me to see as I grew up). I will have to watch them to see Ah-nald in action and then decide for myself if an unknown would be able to play the title character.
Come to think of it...wasn't Arnold an unknown when he made the first "Conan?"

More news to come! Catch ya' later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONAN!!!

Head Hero said...

With that one word I now realize how much I must see the originals.