Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Comedian Speaks


Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who plays The Comedian (real name Edward Blake) in the highly anticipated movie "Watchmen," says that fans of the graphic novel will not be disappointed.

Morgan, who played the father John Winchester on the television show "Supernatural," said the film will not in any way disrespect Alan Moore - the writer of the original story, which was first published as a series of 12 comics and later collected into a graphic novel.

"[Before this film] I knew of the comic," Morgan said in an interview with Collider. "I had read parts of it, I had never read the whole thing, and then obviously before I went and met with Zack I read it and now I've probably read the thing like 20 times.

"My dad has become a huge fan, he'd never heard of it and he's a big fan of the genre, and he's now read the thing about 300 times. So when I have questions about anything I call him up and he'll kinda cue me in on what's happening. But you guys know, every time you read it you see something different, there's something new in there that catches your eye.



"It's an amazing piece of work," Morgan said. "And I go online, I've never done this before when I'm involved in a project, the way that people talk about this, it literally is the holy grail of graphic novels. And people are so concerned about what Zack's doing with the movie, what Warner Bros is doing with the movie.

"I'll say this, fans of Watchmen are not going to be disappointed, we're not going to make Alan Moore look bad or his brilliant piece of work. It's going to be a hell of a movie. The scope of it is just... it's just huge. It's like seeing this, f**k, who built this? It's just the detail is insane, and Zack is a mad scientist the way he's bringing it all together. It's going to be something to behold."

I cannot tell fans not to worry as I am worrying myself, but Morgan says that Snyder knows what he is doing. With only two other films under his helm, "Dawn of the Dead" and "300," I wouldn't call Snyder a visionary, but I enjoyed those other movies and have no doubt I will enjoy this one.

Do you think Morgan will make a good Comedian in "Watchmen?"
More news to come! Catch ya' later!

No comments: