Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tintin


According to Rope of Silicon, "Paramount Pictures and Sony Pictures Entertainment issued a press release announcing the start of principal production in Los Angeles on the 3D Motion Capture Film The Adventures of 'Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn' which will be directed by Steven Spielberg and will star Jamie Bell as Tintin, the intrepid young reporter whose relentless pursuit of a good story thrusts him into a world of high adventure, and Daniel Craig as the nefarious Red Rackham.

Bell and Craig are joined by an international cast that includes Andy Serkis, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Gad Elmaleh, Toby Jones and Mackenzie Crook.

The film was written by Steven Moffat (”Doctor Who”), Edgar Wright ("Shaun of the Dead") and Joe Cornish penned the screenplay.

This film will be the first in a series of 3D motion capture films based on the iconic character created by Georges Remi, better known to the world by his pen name “Herge” and is due for release in 2011. The second feature in the series is scheduled to be directed by Peter Jackson, with a potential for a third film as well."

Not going to say I know much about "Tintin." I know the character is not from America (I believe it is Belgian) and I know he has been around for a long time (about 80 years). That is the limit to my knowledge, but lots of people seem excited for this film. I better jump on the ball to learn more about these classic stories.
More news to come! Catch ya' later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I'm excited. I used to love the show as a kid - cuz you see, I watched the shows you're supposed to watch as a kid, like Tintin and BOY MEETS WORLD.

Head Hero said...

*sigh*
Well, you can be happy that I am now caught up on Supernatural.