Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Shadow Returns


Back when I met Michael Uslan, he gave one bit of news to the audience.
He said he was teaming up with Sam Raimi to make a new "Shadow" film.

Now Uslan, in an interview with MTV News, spoke more in length about the small tidbit he threw to me and others a few months ago.

“I think the one thing going in is we all see 'The Shadow' as more of a force of nature than a specific person in a secret identity,” Uslan told MTV in an exclusive interview. “'The Shadow' may actually be many people.

“We’ve gone back to the pulp roots, the comic book roots of 'The Shadow,' with a dash of the radio roots,” added Uslan. “But we’ve deeply ensconced ourselves in the world of pulps and comics.

“Sam [Raimi] and Josh Donen are my partners and we have it set up Sony, and a wonderful writer named Siavash Farahani who has worked for me before is writing the screenplay,” Uslan said. “It’s coming along great, we’re very excited about it. You know, it takes time to nurture these things. You probably know all the stories. The first ‘Batman’ film took me 10 years to get made.”

For those of you not familiar with Michael Uslan, check out my post of when I had the chance to meet him.

Sam Raimi, director of the "Spider-Man" franchise, makes an interesting choice as a partner (is he gonna direct). And from what I remember of what Uslan said, the two of them were going to make a "Shadow" film that would put the 1994 Alec Baldwin "Shadow" to shame.

Here's to hoping!
More news to come! Catch ya' later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Noooooooooooo!!!!! The Shadow sucked so bad! There had better be a huge improvement here.

Head Hero said...

Hopefully so. I would say that I completely trust Uslan, but he did make "Catwoman" and "The Spirit" and along with "Batman and Robin."