Wednesday, October 1, 2008

X-Men 4

With the coming of spin-off films such as Wolverine Origins and Magneto, X-Men 4 looks like it won't really take off.
X-Men 3 was a huge success. It was the seventh highest grossing film of 2006and left it open for a continuation.
The Geek Files, over at the Coventry Telegraph, has more news on the subject.
"While Fox is working on several prequel spin-offs - Wolverine comes out next May, Magneto is in development, and a young X-Men film is under consideration - there has been no official announcement of a direct continuation of the series. But the voices of fans are growing louder and stronger in their calls for more X-Men movies."
Brett Ratner, the director of the third X-Men, was heard to say there will be no fourth film. After mixed reviews over X-Men 3, there will be little chance he will have say in the matter since he will not be back on the project.
Iceman actor Shawn Ashmore told horror site ShockTillYouDrop: "I would love to do another film, but I think they're doing these spin-offs and origin stories, so I can't see in the near future there being an X-Men 4 but I have no idea to tell you the truth, it's really hard to say. I'm holding my breath, waiting for it to happen, but I'm not sure if it will or not. I love the fact that there is such a huge audience for the X-Men, characters I love and characters I've lived with so long that it's really exciting when people are like, 'Aw, man, I want to see another one.' That's great, and that gives me a boost to hear that stuff, so that's really cool."
More to come! Catch ya' later!
I would so see this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

X men 4 the actresses who must be there :

01. Halle Berry as Ororo Munroe/Storm

02. Famke Janssen as Jean Grey /
White Phoenix

03. Cameron Diaz as Emma Frost

04. Monica Bellucci as Selene /
Black Queen

05. Jennifer Garner as Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch

06. Rebecca Romijn as Mystique / Raven Darkholme

07. Rachel Weisz as Lorna Danes / Polaris

08. Lucy Liu as Betsy / Psylocke

09. Kelly Hu as Yuriko Oyama / Lady Deathstrike

10. Anna Paquin as Anna Marie / Rogue

11. Ellen Page as Kitty Pryde / Shadow Cat