Sunday, October 19, 2008

Terrence Howard talks about Iron Man 2

I mentioned a while ago that Terrence Howard, Rhodey in Iron Man, will not be returning for the sequel and that Don Cheadle will be replacing him.
Now Terrence Howard has spoken out about it on a radio show interview with NPR.

When asked about being replaced in Iron Man 2 by interviewer Scott Simon, Howard replies, "Yeah, I found that out, too.

"It was the surprise of a lifetime," Howard continued. "There was no explanation. [The contract] just...up and vanished. I read something in the trades implicating that it was about money or something, but apparently the contracts that we write and sign aren't worth the paper that they're printed on, sometimes. Promises aren't kept, and good faith negotiations aren't always held up."

Is this Howard's fault or Marvel's fault?
More news to come! Catch ya' later!

2 comments:

Trehern said...

I don't think Marvel should be blamed. Its the studio execs. I would think a comic book company would live and die for continuity, including actor continuity; so I don't really beleive their should be Marvel blame.

Head Hero said...

I have to agree with you there Alan, I believe Marvel would want to be faithful as well.
I'm trying not to blame anyone. I'm just hoping everything is worked out in the end.
And I liked Howard's performance as Rhodey too.