Friday, October 31, 2008

Brandon Routh on next Superman


IESB.net got to speak with Brandon Routh, Clark Kent/Superman from the movie Superman Returns. He was asked about the next Superman film and its rumored dark tone.


“I don’t think the character necessarily has to be darker," Routh said. "I think he is kind of dark in a sense, emotional dark, in Superman Returns, and the movie as a whole was slightly dark…You make the stakes higher, you make the villain darker, I think that’s a way to do it. But I don’t think Superman himself needs to be darker. He definitely has to struggle, how does Superman be a part of the world? And does he have to make sacrifices to be a part of that world? To fit in and what purpose does he really play in the world? Those are all kind of dark places to explore. But, I don’t think Superman should ever be dark and brooding, that’s not his nature.”

In addition to the hot topic of Superman going dark, Routh was also pressed on the status of a follow-up and if he’d be a part of it.

“I don’t have a time frame,” said Routh. “I haven’t really heard the studio’s stance, I’ve just heard what’s in the media and that every time I see somebody from Warner Bros. they tell me that they are working on it and are going to figure it out soon. But that’s about the answer I get.”

Superman: Man of Steel is getting no news recently, but if Chris Nolan signs on to do the next Batman, then maybe more news will be released.
Man of Steel is still aiming for a 2011 release.
More news to come! Catch ya' later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He agrees with me about Superman and the whole "dark" angle...

Head Hero said...

Yes, yes he does.
Did the two of you have a talk?
:]