Friday, January 8, 2010

New 'Kick-Ass' Trailer Will Kick Your...You Know

Lionsgate has debuted a second full-length theatrical trailer for Matthew Vaughn's "Kick-Ass."

Based on the acclaimed Mark Millar comic, "Kick-Ass" is about a teenager who one day decides to dress up in a costume, give himself a name and proceeds to try and beat the crap out of the bad guys in town (often to no avail). His actions have consequences in the form of others wanting to be just like him, and quickly there are others dressing up as superheroes, including Hit-Girl (Chloe Moretz), Red Mist (Christopher Mintz-Plasse) and Big Daddy (Nicolas Cage).



I don't think I need to tell you that this looks totally frickin' awesome! You should be convinced to see this movie after watching this incredibly funny and action-packed trailer. I really do think this is some of the best marketing Lionsgate has ever done and I can't wait for "Kick-Ass" to hit theaters!

I’m glad the film is R-rated to be in keeping with the source material, which I hear is pretty out there in terms of violence and swearing. I don’t really need any more convincing to see this one, but a new trailer is always a bonus.

I’m also glad we’ve now been given a proper look at the villain of the film, Frank D’Amico, being played by Mark Strong (who can be seen also as the villain in the recent "Sherlock Holmes").

Thoughts on the latest trailer for "Kick-Ass"?

"Kick-Ass" hits theaters on April 16, 2010.
More news to come! Catch ya' later!
Sources: First Showing, Screen Rant, MTV News

No comments: