Saturday, October 3, 2009

'The Crazies' Trailer

Overture Films has debuted the first official trailer for "The Crazies" remake directed by Breck Eisner. This stars Timothy Olyphant, Radha Mitchell, Danielle Panabaker, Joe Anderson, Joe Reegan, and a whole town full of crazies. I actually think this trailer looks pretty damn good, despite it being a remake without one of the strongest directors. George Romero, who directed the original "The Crazies" in 1973 (and then went to on make "Dawn of the Dead") had nothing to do with this remake at all. I don't think it's going to be as good as the original and it's not going to be one of the best movies of next year, but it doesn't look terrible. And might I add I really like Timothy Olyphant as an actor (except in "Hitman").



The song playing at the end just makes me think of "Donnie Darko."

The story revolves around the inhabitants of a small Iowa town who are suddenly beset by death and insanity after a plane crash lets loose a mysterious secret biological weapon into the water supply.

The Crazies will hit theaters on February 26th, 2010.
More news to come! Catch ya' later!
Source: First Showing

2 comments:

bandito said...

I agree with you, looks like one I'll watch-though it's not at the top of my list(you know what occupies that spot lol)

Head Hero said...

Exactly. It definitely has a crazy edge around it.

But yes, I know what is at the top of your list. Will continue to find more updates on that film as well.