Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Behind the Scenes of '2012'

Last week brought us the insane clip of "2012" showing off the complete destruction of California. The clip showed us some amazing visuals and some limousine driving that appeared to defy modern physics. Also, planes don't seem to gain altitude as fast as I thought they could, but I'm no physicist.

The effects in this effects movie are massive. That's the purpose of this film, and as a motion graphics aficionado, I'm for it. That's why the behind the scenes featurette on the making of the films tidal waves are interesting to me. The effects don't excuse a bad movie (darn you "Transformers"), but they'll put my butt in the seat just so I can see what motion graphics artists are up to.



John Cusack's day of judgment approaches on Nov. 7, but I expect to be astonished by the special effects, not by whatever his character is doing.

More news to come! Catch ya' later!
Source: Latino Review

No comments: