Saturday, September 13, 2008

Just seen old flicks

There are some movies out there that I have never seen that I have always wanted to.
I just needed to find the time. In the past week I was able to watch 2 of these 'want to see films.'

Seven - Came out in 1995 and is still good today. Gory but not gory at the same time, the story will compel you to watch until the very end. Two cops, Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt, go after a serial killer who kills based on the seven deadly sins. When you finish the movie you will find yourself sitting down and contemplating what you just saw. 8.7/10

The Lost Boys - Came out in 1987, before I was born, so that is my main excuse for not seeing it until now. I heard that this film had to be seen if one liked movies. I don't understand why that is. The film is a genre I like to call a 80's flick. It has music, fashion, and fads of the 1980's. In the end it was a decent vampire movie that had some twists and some funny acting, but it just felt so old school. It is a good movie, but it is entirely out of date. It is a great movie to sit down and watch with the parents (any little siblings might get scared by the vampire faces), but after that you will probably not want to watch it again, and that is only because it is not the 80's anymore. Unless you like cult movies....then you will probably watch it again for the cult joy. 7.7/10



I will end up watching more older films that I have yet to see. I think I should make a list or something. My main emphasis on this blog though is to talk about upcoming movies. The past has some well-made films, so i just can't ignore them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. "What's in the box?!?"
2. Not want to watch The Lost Boys again? Boy, you must be crazy.

Head Hero said...

1. A souvenir.
2. The doctors agree with you. :]