Sunday, September 14, 2008

Dark Knight and Star Wars

I am actually a month behind in this news! Can't believe it!
But it is official that The Dark Knight is the second highest grossing film of all time. Number 1 is Titanic and Number 2 used to be Star Wars. That is right people, Dark Knight beat out the original Star Wars movie, which has been grossing money for the past 30 years.
As of August 18th 2008, TDK has grosses over $471.5 million! That is a lot of dough!
Star Wars, over the past 30 years has earned $461 million. The Force is strong in Batman....
Also, I forgot that Star Wars: Clone Wars was another summer movie I watched, so since I am on the subject of that franchise, I shall review it here.

Star Wars: Clone Wars - I am a huge Star Wars fan, so yes, this may be a bit biased. I love the story of Star Wars and love how it just goes on.....and on......and on.......and....you get my point. I really enjoy this thing about how Lucas wants to stick with the Clone Wars, but I am dying to know what happens after Revenge of the Sith and before A new Hope....or dare I even ask what happens after Return of the Jedi. Clone Wars is another installment to the Star Wars franchise, and it really doesn't add anything. You don't have to see it, but if you REALLY love Star Wars, then sure, see it. It just had cliched characters and lots of lame one-liners. Children will enjoy this movie even if they don't know what Star Wars is. As for the die-hard fans.....it is another bump in the road of Star Wars. Good shot though. 5.5/10 May the Force Be With You!

And for those of you who need more Star Wars. The movie is just a kicker for a television show that will air on Cartoon Network. The movie does not giver the viewer an ending, but just the beginning of the show. It airs 9 pm October 3rd. Enjoy!
And catch ya' later!



No comments: