Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Thor Casting Soon?


I don’t know about you, but I’m very anxious to find out who will wield the mighty hammer Mjolnir on the big screen as Marvel’s God of Thunder, "Thor."

Of course one big name can't carry a movie (though it does some times). This project should be treated like the "Harry Potter" series, where all the characters are played by good actors who have recurring appearances in every film.

Kenneth Branagh, director of the upcoming "Thor," dropped by MTV News and discussed his plans for the casting of the main role.

“We’re down to the final stages of it… The reason one has to be properly diplomatic, is simply that some talented peopled have been patient, kind, creative and really committed to working with us in this process.

“My reluctance to say anything about it is simply out of respect for people who have been extremely respectful of us… That said, I think we are extremely close and I hope to announce a decision sooner rather than later.”

When asked about what specifically they are looking for in their "Thor" actor, Branagh responded:

“There’s a massive fan base out there of devotees, enthusiasts and real experts who have all the answers to that… All I can say is that I bare all of that in mind with my Thor education. I read a couple of comics across the years every day, I read the Norse legends and sagas, and [the lead role] needs to have something from all that’s great in the comics and the legends, and needs to live in our film universe.”

Branagh continued by laughingly saying, “it’s a whole series of things that I could list, but I’m not going to, because I’d have to kill you.”

Who would you like to see cast as Thor in the new movie or in other roles (such as Loki)?
More news to come! Catch ya' later!
Source: Screen Rant

No comments: