Saturday, May 2, 2009

Thor Begins Production in January


IGN had the exclusive chance to interview actor/director Kenneth Branagh and learn some news on the next anticipated Marvel film. "Iron Man 2" is filming right now as I type, but "Thor" is still only in pre-production.

"Well, I'm working currently on 'Thor' for Marvel and we're planning that one. We're having a great time at the moment. We're in intense pre-production."

He continues, "I shoot 'Thor' in January of next year and because the time of release has been moved, it's allowed me to have a moment in the summer where I can shoot the 'Wallanders.'"

"Wallander" is a series of TV movies that Branagh has been starring in for the BBC (TV in the UK).

"Strangely, there's a weird, pleasing connection between the Swedish Wallander and the Nordic Thor. And as I've played a lot of Danish Hamlets, I feel as though my Scandinavian trilogy is forming," he jokes.

"Thor" is slated for release May 20, 2011.
More news to come! Catch ya' later!

No comments: