Friday, May 8, 2009

Delay for World War Z


Now we learn via Variety that "Quantum of Solace" director Marc Forster will be working on a film called "Disconnect" before he moves on to "World War Z," a film based on the best-selling novel about a war between humans and zombies.

"Written by Andrew Stern, the script explores the mystery of how people live in today's wired world, where the technology meant to bring them together only forces them further apart. I'm not sure if that means it'll involve some sort of high concept global threat or a small scale interpersonal struggle, but it should be interesting to see either way." (First Showing)

While I was really looking forward to "World War Z," this film has potential too. Hopefully Forster will be able to get this movie done quickly so he can start work on "World War Z."

More news to come! Catch ya' later!

4 comments:

Mikey said...

I have been dying for a World War Z movie (or television series) ever since I read the book. Now I've gotta wait some more. Bah!

"Disconnect" sounds kind of cool--hopefully it'll be a big-scale apocalyptic tale--that might be a flick I'd see then.

Head Hero said...

I do want to learn more about "Disconnect," but "World War z" was such an interesting book and I want to see what the film adaptation would be like.

I wonder how long the delay will be for?

Anonymous said...

Marc Forster is a very busy director. Just found something on www.lxforty.com. What is lxforty?It's strange! Has anyone an idea what Marc Forster is doing?

Head Hero said...

Many directors are very busy and Forster is no exception.

But I have no idea what he is doing right now, but does lxforty?