Wednesday, December 23, 2009

First 'Sex and the City 2' Trailer

Warner Bros. Pictures has released the teaser trailer for "Sex and the City 2," which stars Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon, Chris Noth and Miley Cyrus.



How did I know they were going to use Jay Z’s “Empire State of Mind” in that trailer?

I actually liked the first film for what it was and after looking at the new teaser trailer all I can think was "I'm tired of that Jay-Z song" in the beginning of the teaser.

But I know for a fact this will be a hit among all fans of the HBO show and the first film. My girlfriend is a fan of "Sex and the City" and got me into the show, but my personal opinion is the show should have just continued with a few more seasons instead of switching to the silver screen.

But to be honest, this is mainly a movie for the ladies and they even sell it that way with the "Sometimes, you just have to get away with the girls!" line at the end of the trailer.

It certainly looks as glamorous and glorified as the first "Sex and the City" movie, but I'll leave that debate to those who see this film and compare it to the last one.

As for what is happening in the trailer, not much is revealed. From what I have heard, the ladies travel to Dubai for some reason and I guess they get...lost. The main point of the series and film dealt with all the relationship issues the four women had. I certainly hope the new "Sex and the City" tale isn't some kind of "Hangover" rip-off focusing on a group of friends and their misadventures (but with gals instead of guys).

The film is set to hit theaters on May 28, 2010.
More news to come! Catch ya' later!
Sources: Screen Rant, First Showing


No comments: