The trailer that was shown at this year's Comic-Con for Kenneth Brangah's "Thor" has somehow made its way online. It wasn't released by the studio, so I'm not sure how legal this is.
But it is a legit trailer. Enjoy!
UPDATE: Well, the trailer has been taken down, but here's a summary of what was shown made by MTV News.
- The footage opens with scenes of Thor wailing on various people while Agent Coulson (Clark Gregg) tells a seated captive, "You made my men look like a bunch of minimum wage mall cops."
- "Who are you?" he asks.
- The camera pans in close on Chris Hemsworth's semi-scuffed face.
- A quick trip through a galaxy of stars and we get an overhead view of Asgard.
- Inside Odin's throne room, an army of gods is assembled, with Thor kneeling before his father. (This looks to be the scene in that "Thor" image that was released before Comic-Con.)
- We see Odin on the throne, as well as shots of the Warriors Three, Sif, Loki, Heimdall, and Frigga. Odin condemns Thor, telling him, "Thor Odinson, through your arrogance and stupidity, you have opened these peaceful realms and innocent lives to the horror and devastation of war."
- "You are a vain, greedy, cruel boy," Odin tells Thor, who responds by yelling back at his father, "You are an old man and a fool!"
- "Yes, I was a fool... to think you were ready," Odin says, solemnly.
- Odin casts out Thor, and the view suddenly flies through a galaxy of stars, finally landing on a shot of Hemsworth crumpled on the ground.
- After Darcy (Kat Dennings) and Jane Foster (Natalie Portman) discover him, Thor opens his eyes and asks them, "Oh no, this is Earth, isn't it?"
- We get a few shots of Thor acclimating to Earth and talking with Foster, telling her, "All the answers you seek will be yours once I reclaim what's mine."
- Cut to Thor ripping a sheet of plastic off a makeshift shelter in the desert, revealing his hammer. However, when he tries to lift his hammer, he's unable to do so — and he falls to the ground, screaming.
- We then see Odin dying — a single tear falls down his cheek — and Loki ascending to the throne.
- Various battle scenes unfold as Thor and The Warriors Three battle an unknown foe. Explosions, slow-motion screams from Thor, Loki, Heimdall, etc. You get the idea...
- "I am now ruler of Asgard," says Loki. "I am... your king." Cue uncertain glances between Sif and Warriors Three.
- It all culminates with a shot of Thor throwing a goblet into the fire as everything fades to black.
- A few seconds later, machine-like footsteps are heard echoing in the desert. Agent Coulson is back on the screen, approaching a giant, mysterious figure. As the dust clears, it's revealed to be DESTROYER!
- "Is it one of Stark's?" an agent asks Coulson.
- "I don't know," he responds. "That guy never tells me anything."
- Destroyer then open fires on the agents' vehicles with a massive blast of energy from his facemask, and the screen fades to the film's release date: May 2011.
"Thor" hits theaters May 5, 2011.
More news to come! Catch ya' later!