Friday, April 17, 2009

From Winnie the Pooh to Wanted


According to The Hollywood Reporter, "Evan Spiliotopoulos, co-writer of 'Pooh's Heffalump Movie' and its DVD Halloween spinoff, has been hired to write Universal's action sequel 'Wanted 2,' based on a story by Chris Morgan. Like the original 2008 film, the in-development sequel is based on the comic series created by Mark Millar and J.G. Jones.

Marc E. Platt and Jim Lemley are producing with Timur Bekmambetov, who directed the first film and is attached to helm the sequel. Universal production exec Jeff Kirschenbaum will oversee the project for the studio.

Morgan co-wrote the first film with Michael Brandt and Derek Haas. 'Wanted,' which starred Angelina Jolie and James McAvoy, grossed $339 million worldwide."

I saw parts of "Wanted" on a bus ride, but I fell asleep halfway through. It wasn't a bad movie! I was just really, really tired. I wanted to watch it, but sleep overcame. What I saw of the movie though was pretty funny mixed with loads of action.

I hear that the film really differs from the comics, so I kind of want to read them to see which I would consider better. Adaptations are always interesting to look at.

More news to come! Catch ya' later!

No comments: